Sunday, March 23, 2008

Death in the family


It's sad that my 2nd entry is about my father's death. He died last November 5, 2007, almost two years after I last saw him. Cause of death: massive gastrointestinal bleeding blah blah blah. In short: abdominal aneurysm. He spent less than 24 hours in the hospital. I didn't know about it until an hour after he died. I didn't even know that he was brought to the hospital the night before, at midnight.

It is now March 23, 2008 and I am trying to move on. I still cry most nights. I think of him everyday.

They say that when dealing with death, one goes through the following stages: denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance. I would say I went through these stages rather quickly. From denial to depression in two weeks. Acceptance is the sucker. It is knowing and understanding that you have lost someone forever but it does not stop the tears from coming.

No comments: